Friday, March 12, 2010

True Colors

Today I went to day 1 of the True Colors Conference. It was SO AWESOME. It's a conference for LGBTQIA teens and such. There are three workshop periods and 40 different workshops to choose in each. It was so wonderful to just be there and meet new people. I was so nervous though, I didn't get any names. I smack myself in the head for that because I really wanted to get to know a few more people better. I just hope they're coming back tomorrow. I'm waking up at 6 again tomorrow to go again, and I won't be back until 9-ish.

On a separate note, a couple of weird things have been happening to me. I'm the kind of person who partially believes in the supernatural. Like, not really, but when weird things happen to me I'm like"hm, this is pretty cool, maybe it means something." Like, I get deja vu at least once a week, and always consider it. One event that happened was at choir on Monday. We had just finished rehearsing a song, and were transitioning to another. We got about a 15 second break to switch songs. So there was some chatter as we ruffled through papers to get to the next song. While I'm doing this, I hear a sudden, sharp, and short call "Chelsea!" I jerk my head up at stare at the direction it came from, a little bit to the left of the teacher's desk but not quite at the door. I looked around the rows in front of my (i'm in the back row) expecting some upturned face. Seeing no one I still keep my eyes pinned to the spot. No one else seemed to have heard the call but me, although I heard it as if it was a quite audible yell. The room was quieted by Mr. Noyes, and we began our next piece, but I didn't move my eyes from the spot. Eventually I shook it off and got joined the rest of my choir singing halfway through the song.

Event two happened just today. It wasn't an event really, but just a strange coincidence. In the last workshop I went to there was a girl there. I girl who I recognized quite clearly. She captivated my gaze throughout the workshop. She spoke often, although not as I would expect her to. I had half a mind to ask her (after the workshop) if she was adopted, and if she was born in South Carolina. However, how odd would that be? Being approached by a stranger to be asked if you were adopted. It was nice to see a face though, be it long lost sister or not. She said during the course of the workshop that she had a twin brother, so I doubt that my colorful imaginings have any base in truth. It was a fun day dream. Or not so fun. If she really was Em's long lost sister I don't know if she'd want to know.

For today:
Good things: daydreams and trans boys
Lesser things: not getting names and numbers and missed zanda don't

No comments:

Post a Comment