Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sing me a lullaby, a love song, a requiem.

In my choir, FCCC, we're singing this song called "Sing Me to Heaven." It's so beautiful, but I only just now got the meaning of the lyrics. Here's the song "Sing Me to Heaven" and the Lyrics. Like the stages of life through song; comfort me, a lullaby; love me, a love song; sing me to heaven, a requiem.

I love choir music, I really do. Singing is honestly my favorite thing to do. I love being able to express myself though music, and getting really involved in a piece. I don't like solos though, it's just too nerve-wracking. When I want to sing, I want to be loving it, not worried i'm a little off or not. Being in a choir gives me that freedom while still making me work hard to hone my voice. I don't think i'll ever find a choir program just like the FCCC. Now that I think about it, i've given literally half my life to the choir, and i've adored every moment of it. There were perhaps one or two times over the 8 years when I didn't enjoy being at rehearsal. We are given so many amazing opportunities, the whole program is just so beautiful. I'm going to miss my choir so much in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment