Saturday, February 13, 2010

新年快乐, 恭喜你!

Xin nian kuai le! Gong xi ni!
Happy New Year! Congratulations!
(sheen-knee-ahn kwai-luh, gong-she-knee)

So I'm taking Chinese this year, and I love it so much! I took Spanish for the first 3 years of high. But really wanted to take Chinese since the program started my sophmore year. I don't regret not taking Chinese though. I made a lot of friends through Spanish class, and can speak it pretty fluently so it was worth it. But Chinese is so much fun! It's so interesting and I just love the culture. On that note, tomorrow is the Chinese New Year and I'll do my best to celebrate the Year of the Tiger along with the usual Valentines Day. I did get a pretty coo红包(hong bao) from my teacher, 王老师 (Wang laoshi). It's a red envelope that you apparently put under your pillow then open on the New Year. It'll be fun. ^.^

Here's a new year song that Wang laoshi made us learn. Song

1 comment:

Jessica said...

happy year of the tiger :)
the great thing about being half chinese is experiencing the holidays and traditions (and receiving $$ from hong bao) i think it's great that you're learning mandarin- it's definitely a difficult language to learn. kudos!

Post a Comment