Friday, February 26, 2010

MoMA







Yesterday, my AP Literature class went to the Museum of Modern Art. Don't ask me why an English class went to an art museum, i'm still trying to figure it out! But anyway, I had a really great time. It was rainy and snowy, and we only got a few hours in the museum, but it was awesome. We had a tour which, like most tours, was long and boring and unnecessary, and then we had an hour or two to explore on our own. There were so many cool pieces, that I can hardly list them all. Some of my favorites were "The Landscape" by Jean Metzinger,  some stuff by Kandinsky, and this one other piece which I can't identify the artist.

We saw the Tim Burton exhibit that was just beyond awesome. Photos weren't allowed inside the exhibit, but just for an idea of what it was like, this is what the entrance to the place looked like:



I also got to spend a lot of time with my friends, mostly Brigitta, Allie, Linjia and Lindsey. One of my new year's resolutions this year was to get closer to my friends individually, and just get closer in general. I think that's certainly going well. On the train ride back the windows were fogging up, so we played literary pictionary. =D We drew things from the books we had read over the years and the others tried to guess the title. It was pretty much my best train ride ever. We played it for a good half hour, and I think we just disturbed a few of our car-mates by screaming "OMG.., its.. its... guild-.. rose--ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD!!"

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like fun :) I want to go to the Tim Burton exhibit so badly!!

Post a Comment