Sunday, December 12, 2010

Questions

A friend here at college introduced me to these ten questions that really got me thinking. So, i'll be posting a new question each week (or so), give my answer, and ask for yours as well. I think they're really interesting.

1. What is your favorite word?

At the start, this question seemed up my ally. I love literature and words and English, and this is just so interesting to think about. Sometimes English can be so limiting though.. and it gets harder and harder to find just the right word. I'm sure you've all had those moments when you're searching and searching for the right word, and then the aha! when you finally find it. That is so satisfying, isn't it? But, off the top of my head, it's hard for me to think of one word that just strikes the right chord. I have to think for a bit... I'm going to make a list....

Cadence
Coherence
Simplicity
However
Breathe
Catalyst
Cozy
Nonchalant
Superfluous


Those are my favorites right now. What are your's?

2 comments:

Robyn said...

My favourite words include:
Kerfuffle
Borborygmus
Glib
Essentially just for how they sound, though.

Emma's Mom said...

All time favorite word? Tuna. Don't ask me why. Just makes me smile.

Post a Comment